Board of Directors
Chair: Dennis Thompson
Vice Chair: Richard Moore
Treasurer: Greg Bernu
Executive Director: Kathleen Preece
Who We Are
Aitkin County Land Dept.
Becker Co. Natural Res. Management Dept.
Beltrami Co. Natural Res. Management Dept.
Carlton Co. Land Dept.
Cass Co. Land Dept.
Chippewa National Forest
Clearwater Co. Land & Forestry Dept.
Cook Co. Land Dept
Crow Wing Co. Land Dept.
Forest Capital Partners
Koochiching Co. Lands & Forestry
Lake Co. Forestry Dept.
MN Dept. of Natural Resources
Minnesota Forestry Association
Minnesota Timber Producers Association
Pine Co. Land Dept.
St. Louis Co. Land Dept.
Superior National Forest
UPM Blandin Paper Company
- Forest management is part of the solution to improving the health and productivity of forests, while creating value for maintenance of intact forested ecosystems.
- Forest management should be viewed as long-term investments to enhance many forest values and improve forest health and productivity.
- Realizing the productive potential of Minnesota’s forests will require additional investments in tree plating, seeding, and thinning. These investments will return large dividends for Minnesota’s environment, habitats, and forest enterprises over time.
- Active forest management contributes to community vitality.
- Minnesota’s forest products industries face a changing competitive environment. The Partnership supports these industries by producing better quality fiber, healthier trees, increased yields, and investments in forest management practices.
- Landscapes should be viewed as a combination of social, economic, and natural resource elements – none of which are mutually exclusive. Landscape-level goals should be voluntary, broad-based, and balance objectives for social, economic, and natural resource elements within the landscape.
- Flexibility in the application of site-level harvesting guidelines will provide for the exercise of professional site-specific judgments in the field.